2017 Application Guideline for Students overseas
Fuji Seal Packaging Education and Scholarship Foundation encourages and provides scholarship to highly motivated, disciplined and academically talented students, who studies applied chemistry (especially plastic product), mechanical engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, polymer engineering, packaging or design related field and cultivate deserving students by offering the scholarships.
- The scholarships are offered as a form of payment. Applicants are not obliged to repay the scholarships.
- Applicants are completely free to determine their own post-graduation plans or future careers.
- Applicants who have an interest in packaging.
- Applicants who pursue studies in applied chemistry (especially plastic product), mechanical engineering, electrical or electronic engineering, polymer science, packaging or design related field.
- Sophomore (2nd) year of undergraduate school as of April, 2017, and Junior (3rd) year of undergraduate school as of September, 2017 in United States of America.
First year of master course as of September, 2017 in Europe.
- Applicants need to have recommendation from university.
- Applicants who are able to write essays in either English or Japanese.
- Applicants shall give priority to attend the events of the Foundation.
- Highly motivated, academically talented, and serious applicants.
- Applicants who have high motivation to take on new challenges, and have an understanding and high potential to contribute to international friendship.
4．Number of students to be accepted
6 students in United States of America and Europe
5．Scholarship Amount and Payment
- Amount of Scholarship
100,000 yen per month.
We will convert Japanese currency into foreign currency with exchange rate of the transfer date, and the amount of money fluctuates depending on the status of the exchange rate.
- Duration of Scholarships
Two years. (Third year and fourth year of undergraduate school in United States of America. First and second year of master course in Europe.) Renewal of scholarship will be determined by annual eligibility screening.
- Scholarship Payment
Unless otherwise agreed, scholarship will be awarded to the student's bank account directly: August 1st, December 1st, and May 1st.
6．Reasons for Suspension and Termination of Scholarship
The scholarship will be suspended or terminated, if any of the following condition applies to the scholarship recipient:
- Withdraw from the school
- Leave of absence or a long absence from the school
- Failure to advance or possibility of postponed graduation
- Difficulty continuing to study due to illness or other health problems
- Poor academic performance or inappropriate behavior
- Occurrence of a reason for not needing the scholarship
- Failure to uphold obligations designated by the Foundation
- Occurrence of any other reason deemed to make the recipient appropriate
- An applicant shall submit ALL of the following documents to the Foundation.
- Application Form (Use the form designated by the Foundation, printed on two pages on A4 size paper)
- Letter of Recommendation by university
- Student registration certificate
- Transcript of Academic Records
- Essay designed by applicants (one or two pages on A4 paper, the Foundation will give theme of essay. See attached file)
- Submission of Application Materials
Create a PDF containing your application materials and email to address below.
Or mail a hardcopy of your application materials to address below.
- Application Deadline
Application documents need to be received by April 28, 2017
- Submission Address
Fuji Seal Packaging Education and Scholarship Foundation
Mail: 4-1-9, Miyahara Yodogawa·ku, Osaka, 532-0003 JAPAN
Telephone: 0081 6 6350 1089
- Personal information provided by applicants for the purpose of applying for our scholarship will not be used for any other purposes than for the scholarship selection process.
- Make sure applicants enclose ALL the necessary documents listed above and send them
ALL TOGETHER as your application materials. You will not be eligible if it is found to be incomplete.
8．Selection and Result
- The recipients will be decided by the chairperson based on nominations from the Selection Committee. Applicants will be notified of the result.
- The selection and decision making process shall not be disclosed.
9．Required activities of recipients
- Recipients provide a Transcript of Academic Records, Student registration certificate and a living situation report (Use the form designated by the Foundation, printed on one page on A4 size paper) to the Foundation in September.
- Recipients must submit activities reports, essays or designed works (one or two pages on A4 paper) four times a year to the Foundation without delay.
- Recipients must attend workshop held by the Foundation in September at United States of America or Netherlands. The Foundation provides transportation expenses of recipients.