2018 Application Guideline for Students overseas
Fuji Seal Packaging Education and Scholarship Foundation was established to contribute to the development of the economy and industry by promoting the functional and display roles of product packaging, while nurturing human resources and encouraging and supporting research and development.
- The scholarships are grant-type scholarships. Applicants are not obliged to repay the scholarships.
- Applicants are completely free to determine their own post-graduation plans or future careers.
- Applicants who have an interest in packaging.
- Applicants who pursue studies in applied chemistry (especially plastic product), mechanical engineering, electrical or electronic engineering, polymer science, packaging or design related field.
- Sophomore (2nd year) undergraduates as of April 2018, and Junior (3rd year) undergraduates as of September 2018 in United States of America.
First year graduates (master course) as of September 2018 in Europe.
- Applicants need to have recommendation from university.
- Applicants who are able to write essays in either English or in Japanese.
- Applicants shall give priority to attend the events of the Foundation.
- Highly motivated, academically talented, and serious applicants.
- Applicants who have high motivation to take on new challenges and have global understanding and high potential to contribute to international friendship.
4．Number of students to be accepted
6 students in United States of America and Europe
5．Scholarship Amount and Payment
- Amount of Scholarship
100,000 yen per month.
We will convert Japanese currency into foreign currency with the exchange rate of the transfer date, and the amount of money fluctuates depending on the status of the exchange rate.
- Duration of Scholarships
Two years. (Third year and fourth year of undergraduate school in United States of America. First and second year of master course in Europe)
Renewal of scholarship will be determined by annual eligibility screening.
- Scholarship Payment
Unless otherwise agreed, scholarship money will be transferred directly to the student’s bank account: August 1st, December 1st, and May 1st.
6．Reasons for Suspension and Termination of Scholarship
The scholarship will be suspended or terminated, if any of the following conditions applies to the scholarship recipient:
- Withdrawal from school
- Leave of absence or a long absence from school
- Failure to advance or possibility of postponed graduation
- Difficulty in continuing to study due to illness or other health problems
- Poor academic performance or inappropriate behaviors
- Occurrence of a reason for not needing the scholarship
- Failure to fulfill obligations designated by the Foundation
- Occurrence of any other reason for the recipient as inappropriate
- An applicant shall submit ALL of the following documents to the Foundation.
- Application Form (Use the form designated by the Foundation, printed on two pages on A4 size paper)
- Letter of Recommendation by university
- Student registration certificate
- Transcript of Academic Records
- Essay designed by applicants (one or two pages on A4 paper, the Foundation will give theme of the essay. See attached file)
- Submission of Application Materials
Create a PDF containing your application materials and email to the address below.
Or mail hardcopies of your application materials to the address below.
- Application Deadline
Application documents need to be received by April 23, 2018
- Submission Address
Fuji Seal Packaging Education and Scholarship Foundation
Mail: 4-1-9, Miyahara Yodogawa·ku, Osaka, 532-0003 JAPAN
Telephone: 0081 6 6350 1089
- Personal information provided by applicants for the purpose of applying for our scholarship will not be used for any other purposes than for the scholarship selection process.
- Make sure applicants enclose ALL the necessary documents listed above and send them ALL TOGETHER as your application materials will not be eligible if they are found to be incomplete.
8．Selection and Result
- The recipients will be decided by the chairperson based on nominations from the Selection Committee. Applicants will be notified of the result.
- The selection and decision-making process shall not be disclosed.
9．Required activities of recipients
- Recipients submit a Transcript of Academic Records, Student registration certificate and a living situation report (Use the form designated by the Foundation, printed on one page on A4 size paper) to the Foundation in September.
- Recipients must submit activities reports, essays or designed works (one or two pages on A4 paper) four times a year to the Foundation without delay.
- Recipients must attend workshop held by the Foundation in September in the United States of America or in Netherlands. The Foundation provides transportation expenses.